Renamed by She, the room-mate. This is a a step away of the same old (boring) chicken Salad and dressing.
It utilizes a spiralizer, one of the kitchen gadgets du jour.
I’m not going to pretend that courgetti replaces spaghetti in a good old fashioned spag bol. But I am going to say that it is useful in making this Bang Bang Chicken “da bomb”
This served 4, (2 hungry after work dinners and 2 work lunch boxes that got a few “ooo that looks good)
What you need
The Basic Bones of your Salad
- Courgette x2
- Large Carrot x2
- Spring onion – a Bunch
- Mangetout -130g
- cooked chicken breasts x2 (you can poach/ grill these from raw but you gotta let them chill out, or even use left over roast chicken)
- 4 tablespoons of nut butter- peanut or cashew – low fat is fine
- 3 table spoons low salt soy sauce
- 3 table spoons sweet chili sauce
- 2 table spoons sesame oil
- 1 table spoon water
- Juice and zest of a lime
- Coriander leaves
- Smashed nuts- peanuts or cashews-handful – I use a mezzaluna, but you can use a smashing (rolling) pin while they’re in a baggy – or a mortar and pestle. You don’t want them too fine. They are for texture
- Chili optional (not an option in my flat- required)
Spiralize the long thick veg -carrot and courgette. Diagonal splice the spring onions and mangetout, mix up in a bowl. Shred the chicken with some forks. – again mix into your veggies.
In a smaller bowl- or jug- mush up the soy into the nut butter – so it becomes “looser”
Add in the rest of the dressing ingredients, whisk away till it’s a “dressing consistency” – I add some chopped chili at this point depending on those around the table
Pour dressing into the salad bowl and mix it all up.
Serve on to a plate (bowl) and sprinkle with the “to serve items”
– you can dish this out on a big serving platter but it’s safer in my flat to serve into bowls for each person –