This Serves 4.
The healthy eating plan that I’m on allows for dried pasta (Yay Slimming World HEA = free/ 1 syn I think), so you can make this with lasagne sheets and not have a problem. I just felt like skipping the starch- and the pasta coma that I get from eating too much… (I might be Garfield reincarnated) plus they were on a good price at the shop when I nipped in for some bits as they were launching some carb alternatives.
It’s not a white wine béchamel sauce on a red wine beef ragu but then that’s the sort of thing that led me to need to be on a healthy eating plan! It’s very tasty and the Scottish one went back for seconds –
- 400g lean beef mince (5% fat or less)
- 1-2 red peppers deseeded and cubed
- 1 courgette cubed
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves chopped
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 500g passata
- 1/2 – 1 tsp each of dried rosemary, oregano, sage and thyme
- 500g fat free natural yogurt
- 2 eggs
- vegetable stock cube
- low Cal cooking spray
- pack of butternut squash lasagne sheets
- 160g half fat cheddar grated
- Heat a large non stick fry pan over a high heat
- Brown the mince, draining off any fat in the pan.
- Add the veggies, stir around and cook for 10 mins till softening, colouring and smelling good
- add the tomato based products and herb mix. Season to taste.
- Take the heat down to a simmer for 15 mins, stirring so it doesn’t stick
- In a bowl/ jug mix the yogurt, eggs and crumble in the stock cube- whisk gently till smooth and set aside
- Preheat your oven to 180C fan assisted (gas mark 6)
- Spray an appropriate (medium) sized over dish with low Cal spray. layer the mince then sheets then mince till you end with the last of the lasagne sheets- I got about 3 good layers, and I cut the sheets slightly because I was using a round dish and needed to play tetri s to get a good even cover.
- Spread the yogurt mixture over the top and sprinkle with cheese
- Bake for 45-60 mins – it needs a bit longer because of the butternut. If using normal pasta sheets then 30 mins will be fine.
- Remove from oven and let stand for 5-10 mins, (I assemble my side salad in this time because I love a bit of crunch green/ mixed salad on the side of my pasta)